Saturday, March 07, 2009

Unions!

This is exactly what I hate about unions (in the comments of the linked article), the presumption on their part that every worker should be on their side. If you don't want to work for a certain pay, so be it. You want to protest, fair enough. But you cannot force people to follow suit. That's not the way it works! Each individual should have the right to choose who they want to fight for their rights.
Communications Workers of America authorizes strike of 20,000 AT&T workers, could happen soon: "I also am an emloyee and you CAN NOT cross the picket line, If and when there is a strike. You will not be able to keep your job if you do. You have to be a union member in good standing. I do believe that you need to educate yourself... You need to make sure that is really what you want to do if you have bills.. You need to support your union. And for all the people on here that are downing the union. I feel that we are deserving of what we are asking for. We work our butts off also. I for one have been in a wage freeze for some time. How fair is this? I think everyone should educate yourselves before you go off on the CWA. They are fighting for our rights as workers and I am backing them and I will be there picketing and doing whatever I need to do for US as workers."

No comments: